Niet aangemeldRX8NL.COM
Forum Hulp Zoek Registreren Aanmelden
Omhoog Onderwerp Techniek en prestaties / Techniek / Temperatuurmeting van hete motor / bobine montage plaat / bobines bij mijn RX-8
- Van rudolphw (Rotary SuperSpammer) [nl] op 06-09-2016 21:23 Edited 07-09-2016 10:46
Voor wie het interesseert:

BRON: UK RX-8 Forum
http://www.rx8ownersclub.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=71320

A)
Well,
Becaue of the doubts of PeteH and the observations of RenesisRaceBuggy (thanks)........(the latter caused some doubts with me about my own previous testing) today I did a new testing with my Rex and measured engine-, coil mounting plate bracket strud-, mounting plate- without Isolation (and blackened at the measuring spot for correct results).....note: the difference between a galvanised/partly-light corroded bracket and matt blackened measuring spot is over 5 degr. C.) and of course I measured each individual coil.
The results were different as my previous indications and you will find them beyond.
I drove the car hot with sump oil temp. 95 degr. C........stopped and started measuring a couple of times, each time after running the engine at 4.000 rpm idle for 1 minute at least.
This is wat I measured (the engine block temp raised during the testperiod of 1/2 hr from 95 to 105 degr. C.
The galvanised bracket strud measuring halfway between engine and bracket plate had an approx. 5 degr. C. lower temp. as the engine temp.
The temp of the blackened spot on top of the mounting plate was approx. 10 degr. C. lower as the engine temp.
The 3 "front coils" were more or less the same in temp, with more or less similar results measuring at 1)..the coil body close to the terminal connector 2)..the coil body just beyond the "tower"on which the ignition leads are connected) ..1 and 2...did not differ significantly.
These 3 coils were more or less similar in temp. ...between 75 and 85 degr. C......which is approx. 10 degr. lower as the mounting plate.
Coil nr. 4 (closest to the firewall) was generally 5-10 degr. C. higher in temp as the other ones.......for this coil there is a "gain" by ceramic isolation of the mounting plate of only 5 degr. C. to zero.
The increase of heat at all the measured elements were more or less parallel curves.
The results means for me for the time being (or forever) maintaining of the isolation between coil and mounting plate however for the future if I could find an easy solution for lengthening of the threaded tapends some additional air space between coils and the isolation.
Especially coil nr. 4 needs it.......

B)
Rudolph wrote:
.........."The results means for me for the time being (or forever) maintaining of the isolation between coil and mounting plate however for the future if I could find an easy solution for lengthening of the threaded tapends some additional air space between coils and the isolation.
Especially coil nr. 4 needs it......"...........

With reference to my in yesterday's post mentioned wish/need for some free air space gap/isolation beyond the coils today I made a additional heat isolation improvement.
I removed /inspected the 4 coils with total 27.000 mls since new.........they made a good impression / as "new".....car runs fine so for this moment no reason for renewal.
To achieve a free space under the coils for better cooling at the bottom I made an 1,5 mm aluminium sheet that is placed on 1 double layer of 3mm ceramic heat insulation tape that was already installed by myself.
The coils now are not placed direct on the ceramic tape any more but have approx. 6 mm free space.
Previously I had 2x a double layer with a total of 6 mm ceramic tape.......I removed 1 layer because I needed sufficient length of the screwthreaded stud to fasten the coils.

On the pictures you can see the set-up consisting of ........1) the mounting plate.....2) one 3mm layer ceramic tape.....3) one layer 1,5 mm aluminium sheet metal....4) 6 mm free space for air ciculation.....5) finally the coil on top of that.
Furthermore I "spreaded" the 4 coils like the spreaded fingers of a hand to enable extra free space for some coolin of the coil.

Meting met IR temp meter/pistool (meetbereik tot 1.100 gr. C)

- Van JGM (ForumPro) [nl] op 16-09-2016 08:15
Toch weer netjes gedaan! Beter dan dit met originele bobines kan volgens mij niet meer...
- Van Martine (Rotary SuperSpammer) [nl] op 19-09-2016 19:10
Goed bezig!!! zoals altijd :)

Groetjes m&m
- Van Dennis (Rotary SuperSpammer) [id] op 20-09-2016 03:05
Leuke oplossing maar het zal je niet vrijwaren van kwaliteitsproblemen.
Die krengen zijn gewoon niet betrouwbaar, ook al wil ik niet te negatief doen.
Uiteindelijk zal de spoel, waar het echte probleem zit, doorslaan.
Regelmatig doormeten en bougies checken zou ik dan ook zeker aanraden.
Ik heb ook een tijdje rondgereden met een dergelijk geïsoleerde set-up maar desondanks is er toch een (trailing) bobine (C-type) overleden.
Toen was ik het zat en rij nu met andere bobines (ACDelco).
Die moeten het zeker 50.000km gaan volhouden, zoniet langer.

Grtz Dennis.
- Van Martine (Rotary SuperSpammer) [nl] op 20-09-2016 09:42
En waar merk je eigenlijk aan de ze stuk zijn?

Groetjes m&m
- Van rudolphw (Rotary SuperSpammer) [nl] op 20-09-2016 10:03 Edited 20-09-2016 10:15
Martine:

> En waar merk je eigenlijk aan de ze stuk zijn?
> Groetjes m&m

Mijn persoonlijke vaste onderhoudsschema is (mede op basis adviezen Hayward Rotary UK / USA Wankelexperts):

Vervangen (nieuw)......................km's
Bobines.....................................60.000*
Bougiekabels..............................60.000*
Bougies.....................................40.000*
Oliefilter.....................................12.000*
Motorolie..(40/50W)......................6.000
Lucht/interieurfilter...........Mazda schema
Premix.............................................ja

*) van elk 3 sets op voorraad + nwe. KKS Performance Sport-katalysator (inkoopaktie Duits forum Euro 450,-)
NB: Rex jaarlijks vanaf 1 dec - 1 apr. in winterstalling
- Van Dennis (Rotary SuperSpammer) [id] op 20-09-2016 14:18
Eh...dat was niet echt antwoord op de vraag.
Wanneer de trailing kapot is merk je daar niks van dus zal je moeten doormeten.
Er zitten drie contacten op de bobine die je kan doormeten.
Zoek maar op "rx8 coil conductivity check".
Trouwens, aan de bougies kun je het ook zien.
Zwarte bougies is altijd een slecht teken: òf de bougie is defect, òf de bobine, vandaar.

Grtz Dennis.
- Van JGM (ForumPro) [nl] op 20-09-2016 16:51
De bougies eruit draaien voor controle, is dit niet nadelig voor de afdichting van de afdichtingring op de bougie. Of maakt dit niet uit?

Grtz Hans
- Van WesleyK (SuperForumposter) [nl] op 21-09-2016 12:21
Dit kan je gewoon een aantal keer doen. let wel op dat het aanhaalmoment bij een nieuwe bougie anders is dan bij een gebruikte.

@Rudolph, waarom niet gewoon elke keer het oliefilter vervangen? Dat is minstens net zo belangrijk naar mijn mening. Zo'n filter kost ook slechts een euro of 7-8€.
- Van rudolphw (Rotary SuperSpammer) [nl] op 21-09-2016 13:16
@Rudolph, waarom niet gewoon elke keer het oliefilter vervangen? Dat is minstens net zo belangrijk naar mijn mening. Zo'n filter kost ook slechts een euro of 7-8€.

Tja, ik ververs mijn olie al 3x (elke 6.000 km) t.o.v. de voorgeschreven 20.000 km van Mazda en het filter dus bij 12.000 km ipv Mazda / 20.000 km.....
Dat wordt een beetje te veel denk ik......verder heb ik nog een losse magneet rond het filter zitten voor vasthouden van evt. ijzerdeeltjes.
mvg, Ruud
- Van JGM (ForumPro) [nl] op 21-09-2016 16:10
Enig idee wat het aanhaalmoment is van een nieuwe en een gebruikte bougie?

Bedankt.

Mvg.
- Van WesleyK (SuperForumposter) [nl] op 22-09-2016 11:45
Excuses, gaat natuurlijk om de aanhaalhoek. Voor wanneer je geen momentsleutel zou hebben. Die is bij een nieuwe bougie anders dan bij een oude.
Met een momentsleutel is het aanhaalmoment hetzelfde, wel altijd even goed de draad schoonmaken. Exacte moment zou ik even moeten opzoeken, zal ergens rond de 25Nm liggen.
- Van Martine (Rotary SuperSpammer) [nl] op 22-09-2016 16:32
Dennis:

> Eh...dat was niet echt antwoord op de vraag.
> Wanneer de trailing kapot is merk je daar niks van
> dus zal je moeten doormeten.
> Er zitten drie contacten op de bobine die je kan
> doormeten.
> Zoek maar op "rx8 coil conductivity check".
> Trouwens, aan de bougies kun je het ook zien.
> Zwarte bougies is altijd een slecht teken: òf de
> bougie is defect, òf de bobine, vandaar.
>
> Grtz Dennis.

Scherp :)
Maar beide bedankt voor bet antwoord, en uitleg :):)

Groetjes M&M
Omhoog Onderwerp Techniek en prestaties / Techniek / Temperatuurmeting van hete motor / bobine montage plaat / bobines bij mijn RX-8